Peek at the Week for the Souhegan Valley
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Thursday, Feb. 21
• Amherst: 7-8:30 p.m. – Katrina Kenison will read from her recent book “Magical Journey: An Apprenticeship in Contentment” at the Town Library. Registration is required. Call 673-2288, email email@example.com or visit www.amherst.lib.nh.us and selecting “Calendar of Events.”
Friday, Feb. 22
• Wilton: 7 p.m. – Hilltop Circus at Pine Hill Waldorf School. Tickets $12.50 adults, $6.50 kids 3-12 online at www.pinehill.org or at the door, also at Toadstool in Milford and Putnam’s in Wilton.
• Milford: 8-11 p.m. – Contra dance, Town Hall, $7, $3.50 for kids 6-12. No partner required. Information: Frank Woodward at 487-2480 or Milford Recreation at 249-0625.
Sunday, Feb. 24
• Lyndeborough: 7:30-11:30 a.m. – Firefighters Association breakfast, Citizens’ Hall, admission by donation.
• Amherst: 2-6 p.m. – River of Life Church auditions for Lifeline Drama production. Schedule audition by going to lifelinedrama.com. Also on Monday, Feb. 25, 4-8 p.m.
• Milford: 1-6 p.m. – Second annual memorial blood drive in honor of Sgt. Ryan Wilmot, VFW Post 4368, 1 VFW Way. Appointments accepted online at redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767.
Wednesday, Feb. 27
• Lyndeborough: 1 p.m. – Family movie, J.A. Tarbell Library. Call library for more information.
Friday, March 1
• Lyndeborough: 7 p.m. – Discussion of the book and viewing of the film “The Old Man and the Sea.” Open to the public.
Saturday, March 2
• Wilton: 7 p.m. – Mottau, Drew and Clark in concert, Local’s Cafe at Nelson’s Candy. Call for more information: days, 654-5030 and nights, 673-1139.
Sunday, March 3
• Milford: 2 p.m. – Talk entitled “Discover Your Spiritual Identity” by John Tyler, Milford Town Hall. Sponsored by the First Church of Christ, Scientist, of Milford. Childcare provided.
• Amherst: 4-5 p.m. – The Willow Flute Ensemble in concert, Town Library. Free. To register call 673-2288, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the library’s website at http://www.amherst.lib.nh.us and click on the calendar icon, labeled “Calendar of Events” on the homepage.
• Milford: 9 a.m.-noon – Pedal to End Cancer, Hampshire Hills Sports & Fitness Club, 50 Emerson Road. $25 to register in advance. Information: 1-800-227-2345 or email@example.com, or visit pedaltoendcancer.org.
Wednesday, March 6
• Mont Vernon: 4-5 p.m. – Daland Memorial Library Junior Book Club for third and fourth graders discusses “The Little House in the Big Woods. New members welcome.
Thursday, March 7
• Amherst: 7 p.m. – Discussion on “The Geography of Pakistan and Afghanistan: Understanding the Background of Conflict,” Town Library, featuring Dr. Stephen Young, from the department of geography at Salem State University.
Send calendar items to Jo Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.