Winter sessions beginning at Recreation Department
Disclaimer: Participating in a Bedford Parks and Recreation activity may cause high levels of laughter and fun.
It may also result in unforgettable experiences and friendships. Recreation may be habit forming.
New winter sessions of recreational programs for 2014 include:
Early morning programs:
• Abs, Butt & Legs, Step N’ Sculpt. Drop the kids off to school and come enjoy fitness programs “Yoga with Robert” Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m., Gentle Yoga with Leslie on Wednesdays at 9 a.m.
Evening programs at McKelvie:
• “Yoga for Fitness” at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Meditation 102: It’s Not What You Think at 7:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Zumba Gold at Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Beginners Line Dancing at Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Intermediate Line Dancing at Town Hall on Thursday evenings.
Creative programming available on Thursdays:
• New! “Art on Wheels” for all ages from 5-99.
• Starting Jan. 9: Painting Everything with a Broad Brush at 11 a.m. for Adults and Seniors, Mommy and Me (dads welcome, too) at 12:30 p.m. at Bedford Town Hall.
• Art Afterschool at McKelvie for boys and girls ages 10-14 at 3:30 p.m.
• Afterschool Children’s Program and Itty-Bitty Nitty-Gritty Detailed Creativity on Thursdays from 6-8 p.m. at Mckelvie for ages 15-99.
• “Art on Wheels” will help you learn about your own artistic style, grow your artistic skill sets and know how to master your creativity.
• Beginners Oil Painting will also be held on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at McKelvie School with instructor Luci Lesmerises starting Jan. 16. You will learn to do a landscape painting, “Birches in the Park.” Learn the art of using oils to achieve vibrant colorful paintings through tips and techniques taught by Luci.
• Senior Movie Matinee on Sunday, Jan. 19, at 2 p.m. at Bedford Public Library, come enjoy Art Carney in “Harry & Tonto.”
This program is free of charge and refreshments will be served.
New offerings for 2014 at Memorial School include:
• Mad Science afterschool programming for Grades K-1: Mix It Up with Mad Science and for Grades 2-5 Sense-a-tional Science.
You don’t have to be a Memorial student to attend. Any elementary school child can attend these classes.
To register for these programs, please visit the Parks and Recreation Department web site at www.bedford
Jane O’Brien is manager of the Bedford Parks and Recreation Department.