Nominations sought for Stay Work Play Rising Star Awards
Stay Work Play is accepting nominations for its ninth annual Rising Stars Awards. Each year, the nominations reveal the emerging young leaders and organizations making a positive impact in their communities and helping to shape the future of New Hampshire.
An initiative of Stay Work Play in partnership with New Hampshire Public Radio, the Rising Stars Awards celebrate and recognize New Hampshire’s remarkable young people and the businesses that go the extra mile to recruit and retain them.
“New for 2018 is the Intern of the Year Award,” said Stay Work Play Executive Director Will Stewart. “This award will honor a young person in New Hampshire who has made an outstanding impact on a company during their time as an intern.”
The six other Rising Stars Awards categories include:
• Civic Leader of the Year, which honors a person who, through his or her volunteerism, philanthropy or community involvement, demonstrates a commitment to civic participation, strengthening the community, and developing personal leadership capacity to make New Hampshire a better place for future generations;
• College Student of the Year, which honors a New Hampshire college student between the ages of 18 and 24, who is an academic rising star and gives back to his or her community.
• Coolest Company for Young Professionals, which honors companies in New Hampshire that create environments, programs and workspaces to attract and retain young professionals.
• Life in the 603 Video of the Year, which honors the most creative and best video-based story of why an individual chooses to “stay, work and play” in New Hampshire.
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year, which honors a young entrepreneur who dedicates his or her time to starting and/or operating a new business, is making a positive contribution to the state’s economy and adds community vibrancy.
• Young Professional of the Year, which honors an outstanding professional between the ages of 18 and 40 who works and lives in New Hampshire, who is a rising star in their industry and giving back to their community.
Visit stayworkplay.org/risingstarsawards for additional details and nomination materials. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, July 27, 2018. Judging panels for each category, established by Stay Work Play, will select winners. For the Coolest Company for Young Professionals, a panel of judges comprised of young professionals from across the state will select two award winners and four finalists. One of the four finalists will be selected as the “People’s Choice” winner through online public voting before the event and a live audience poll the evening of the event. Winners will be celebrated at the Rising Stars Awards celebratory event on Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, at the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester.
The 2018 Rising Stars Awards are generously sponsored by: Allegra Boverman Photography, Bellwether Community Credit Union, Celebrations Catering, Comcast, Currier Museum of Art, Elm Grove Companies, Grappone Automotive Group, Merchants Fleet Management, NH Charitable Foundation andNortheast Delta Dental.