Hearing on hold for Merrimack robbery
NASHUA – Federal prosecutors are eying charges against a Milford man accused of robbing a Merrimack bank this summer.
Frank Mione, 48, was arrested and charged with robbing the TD Bank at 300 Daniel Webster Highway on Aug. 21. He was wanted at the time by New York authorities for his alleged role as a getaway driver in a series of high-profile bank robberies in Manhattan, according to court records.
Mione was due in Hillsborough County Superior Court in Nashua on Monday, Jan. 6, but the hearing was postponed after his attorney, public defender Suzanne Ketteridge, told the court that federal prosecutors plan to press charges at U.S. District Court in Concord and that he is expected to be indicted this month, according to court documents.
Judge Diane Nicolosi rescheduled the hearing for February, according to court documents.
Mione was indicted by a Hillsborough County grand jury in November. He was arrested about a week after the robbery and held on $250,000 cash bail, and is being held at Valley Street jail in Manchester, according to court documents.
Employees at the bank said, and surveillance video showed, a man wearing a striped shirt and a black baseball hat walked into the bank, leveled a shotgun at two tellers and demanded money.
Merrimack Police Lt. Denise Roy said anonymous tips poured in to police after The Telegraph and other news outlets publicized the robbery and surveillance photos. Investigators found similarities between the August robbery and a spree of robberies in New York.
New York police had been searching for Mione for his alleged role as the getaway driver for Maverick Madore. Madore, a 20-year-old New Hampshire man, is accused in a string of bank robberies in midtown Manhattan that ended in a failed getaway on foot through the Lincoln Tunnel, according to reports.
Joseph Cote can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.