Fuel bills assistance for Milford area residents

MANCHESTER – Southern New Hampshire Services’ Fuel Assistance program is taking applications through April 30 to help renters and homeowners pay past or future energy bills, according to SNHS Energy Director Ryan Clouthier.

“Because natural gas and electric customers with past due bills are no longer protected from being shut-off after March 31, we are reminding Hillsborough County residents that they can apply for Fuel Assistance through April 30 and we urge them to call the nearest Community Action office ASAP,” Clouthier said. “In the Milford area, that number is 673-0756.”

Fuel Assistance will pay for oil, propane, wood, pellets, kerosene, natural gas or electric heat costs. Payments can be made for a past due balance or as credit toward future use. To qualify one person can earn up to $ 1,889 and a family of four up to $3,871 per month. Fuel Assistance may also be applied to rental cost is heat is included in rent.