Lyndeborough community day
LYNDEBOROUGH – The 10th annual Community Day in Lyndeborough Center on Saturday, Aug. 13, is set to kick off with a hike up Rose Mountain and end with a steak dinner under the tent. In between are a Civil War encampment, a silent auction, fun, games, food and a magic show.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: Hike up Rose Mountain hosted by the Conservation Commission. Signs on Center and Pinnacle Roads direct cars to the parking area.
- 10 a.m.-whenever: Marketplace. Flea market, crafters, local organizations. No fee for tables, come and set up.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m.: Lafayette Artillery Company Civil War encampment
- 11 a.m.: Come and touch the big fire trucks. The Fire Department will have a table of handouts and information
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m.: Silent auction in the Town Hall to benefit Wilton- Lyndeborough Woman’s Club. Items include many gift certificates, gift baskets from local vendors, hand made bird houses and other items by local crafters. Also many raffles.
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Lunch by the Artillery Company. A $5 plate includes a hamburger (or two hot dog) chips and a drink.
- 1 p.m.-6 p.m.: Girl and Boy Scouts will present an afternoon of fun and games, arts and crafts. Learn about Scouting for ages 5 to 15.
- 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Pony rides offered by Almost There Farm. Donations will support the Woman’s Club.
- 3:15 p.m: Flag retirement ceremony by the Lafayette Artillery
- 3:45 p.m.-4:45 p.m.: Magic show in the tent by the Granite State Conjurors. They are donating their fees to the Wilton Food Pantry
- 5 p.m.-6 p.m.: Steak dinner, cost is $15 and includes a steak, baked potato, corn, salad, drink and dessert. Take-out will be available. Sponsored by the Woman’s Club.
– JESSIE SALISBURY