Lions club announces Scarecrow contest winners
The Merrimack Lions Club selected the winners of the Scarecrows for Diabetes fundraiser at their Nov. 7 meeting. All members who attended the meeting were asked to cast their vote for first place and second place in two categories: “The best for a Business Submission” and “The best for a Family Submission.” All contest participants were asked to send their submission to the email address provided on the instruction sheet when purchasing a scarecrow kit.
• Bottom Right: First Place for Business: “Village People,” submitted by Merrimack YMCA.
• Bottom Left: Second Place for Business: “Beauty and the Beast,” submitted by HC Salon and Pets Choice.
• Top Right: First Place for Individual/Family: “The Patient and the Nurse,” submitted by Bradford Benjamin and family.
• Bottom Center: Second Place for Individual/Family: “Merrimack Pride,” submitted by Jill Mitchell.
All winners will be contacted by the Merrimack Lions Club to receive their certificates.
We want to thank everyone who purchased a scarecrow this year. With your help, we raised more than $1,800 to help fight diabetes. In addition, we want to give a special thanks to the Merrimack Public Library staff for setting up a table for us. Their location has proved to be an excellent place to promote our fundraiser.
– Submitted by Merrimack Lions Club (Michele Lehtinen)