Merrimack Historical Society seeking photos
Time to look into your scrapbooks, photo albums and boxes of memories. The Merrimack Historical Society is looking for pictures and old newspaper articles for our files. Some are from long ago and some are more recent. Remember, we are still making history today.
The following pictures are sought:
• Merrimack Drive inn Theater located north of where BAE Systems is now
• Movie theater located where PC Connection is now
• Good Times Roller Skating Rink where Nothin’ But Good Times is now
• Porr Bill’s Pub which is now the Lobster Boat
• Pizza Man with the Pillsbury Dough Boy on the roof, across from MYA
• China Village Restaurant where Rite Aid Plaza is now.
• Silo’s Restaurant now Homestead (was several other things after it was Smith’s barn)
• Tunnel under the DW Highway from farm on west to where Anheuseur Busch is now.
• Zyla’s Auction House when it still had the auction sign and any interior photos.
• The Flea Market where Burger King is now.
Whoever said there was nothing to do in Merrimack? We’ll have more photo lists later. Keep on watching.
The Historical society at 320 Boston Post Road is open Tuesday and Wednesday mornings 9 a.m.-noon and Tuesday evenings 6-8 p.m. Stop by and visit. We will have Volume II of our History (1800s) very soon. It’s at the printer.
Call Anita at 424-5084 with questions.