Milford’s annual holiday craft fairs set
To the Editor:
The Milford Improvement Team and the Town of Milford invite area residents and visitors to join us for Milford’s annual holiday craft fairs and events. This event will take place in and around the beautiful and historic Oval in Milford on Saturday, Dec. 6. Hosted by 13 Milford non-profits, churches and community groups, fair hours will run (depending on the site) from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. The Milford Indoor Farmer’s Market also will be held in the town hall auditorium from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
2014 Milford holiday craft fair participants:
1. Jingle Downtown Holiday Fair, Jacques School, 9 Elm St. Crafts, vendors and decorations. Benefits Souhegan Valley Dollars for Scholars and elementary school PTO. Hours 8 a.m.-2 p.m. www.souheganvalley.dollarsforscholars.org.
2. First Congregational Church Holly Berry Fair, 10 Union St. Christmas Cupboard, gift baskets, greens and wreaths. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Pictures with Santa from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. www.firstccmnh.org.
3. Unitarian Universalist/Stone Church Holiday Craft Fair, 20 Elm St. Holiday cafe, ritzy boutique and children’s corner. Hours: 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m. www.uucm.org.
4. Share Christmas Fair, 1 Columbus Ave. Crafters, Santa Claus and bake sale. Hours: 9 a.m.–2 p.m. www.sharenh.org.
5. Bridge Church, 65 West St. Bridge bargains, crafts, free refreshments and cookies. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. www.bridgechurchnh.com.
6. Milford Farmers Market Winter Market, Milford Town Hall Auditorium. Jams, homemade soaps, baked goods, local meats, produce and cheeses. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. www.milfordfarmersmarketnh.com.
7. Church of Our Saviour Christmas Fair, 10 Amherst St. Gingerbread house decorating, cookie shop, crafts, country store and Christmas cafe. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., followed by a free will offering harp concert featuring Erica Driscoll from 2-3 p.m. www.coosmilford.org.
8. St Patrick’s Church Fair, 34 Amherst St. Raffles, 50/50, gift baskets, baked goods, chowder, chili, hot dogs, popcorn, handmade crafts. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. www.stpatrickmilfordnh.org.
9. Candle sale to benefit the Souhegan Valley Boys & Girls Club and Share. Riverway East Road (behind Milford House of Pizza on Elm Street). Hours: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. www.svbgc.org; www.sharenh.org.
10. United Methodist Church Christmas Fair, 327 N. River Road. Gifts, baked goods, fudge and lunch served. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. www.milfordumc.org.
11. Kids Craft Corner, Milford Town Hall Banquet Room, 1 Union Square. Create a gift for mom and dad, Ages 2 and older, $6. Hours: Noon-1 p.m. www.milford.nh.gov/departments/recreation.
12. Wreaths Around the Wadleigh, visit the Wadleigh Library at 49 Nashua St. to bid on one of the many beautiful and creative wreaths – several with special surprises and gift certificates. Wreaths on display Dec. 2-14 and winners will be able to pick up their wreaths Dec. 15. www.wadleighlibrary.org.
13. Holiday Creative Craft Fair at Art Happens, Pine Valley Mill, 37 Wilton Road, Suite 7. Unique gifts, crafts, kids’ activities, baked goods, toys, mixed media art and much more. Portion of proceeds to benefit SHARE Outreach, Hours: 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. www.arthappensnh.com.
Other Milford holiday events Dec. 6-7:
? Winter Farmers Market 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Town Hall Auditorium, 1 Union Square.
? Enjoy holiday shopping and dining in and around the Milford Oval.
? Milford town tree lighting and performance by The Souhegan Valley Chorus at 6 p.m., on the Milford Oval.
? Don’t miss Santa on Sunday, Dec. 7, from noon-2 p.m., at the Milford Oval. Sponsored by the Milford Lions Club.
Milford Improvement Team