Sabers 2nd at track meet

Souhegan High School boys track team was powered by three first place finishes at UNH, as the Sabers totaled 46 points and the runner-up spot as a team behind Portsmouth.

The Clippers won the event with 66 points, while Kennett was third with 33. Hollis Brookline finished 11th with 12 and Milford was 25th with two points.

Eli Moskowitz won the 1,000 with a time of 2:46.68 and the 1,500 in 4:09.98. He was also a member of the third-place 4×400 meter relay team (3:42.98) along with Cameron Behn, Aiden Walsh and Jared Hannon. The 4×160 relay team of Travis Woods, Benjamin Miller, Sebastian Eaton and Peter Forster also earned third (1:18.47).

Individually, Eaton was sixth in the 55 dash (6.99), Ben Platt was sixth in the 1,000 (2:51.21) and Woods finished fifth in high jump (5-10).

Other local placers included: Milford’s Tim Tamulonis in the 600 (fifth, 1:30.89), Hollis Brookline’s Guillem Pujadas in the 300 (third, 38.45) and Hollis Brookline’s Evan Porter in the 55 hurdles (third, 8.20).


Milford was the highest local finisher in the Division II girls meet with 33 points for fifth.

Coe-Brown won the team title with 81 points, while Merrimack Valley was second with 56 and Oyster River third with 48. Souhegan finished eighth with 17.5 points.

Milford received points from Nicole McMorrow in the 55 dash (sixth, 7.70), and Amy Arena in the 300 (fifth, 44.06). In the high jump, Olivia Rougeau was second with a jump of 5-0 and Arena was fifth in 4-10. Rougeau also took second in the long jump with a final leap of 17-0.

The Spartans finished second in the 4×160 meter relay with a team of Brianna Lippitt, Arena, Rougeau, and McMorrow (1:26.07).

Souhegan’s top athletes included Madeleine Hunt in the 1,500 (second, 5:07.24), Elise Lambert in the 1,000 (sixth, 3:14.93) and Brooke Tanguay in the high jump (sixth, 4-8).

In the 4×800 relay, the team of Caleigh Burns, Amy Lambert, Elise Lambert, and Hunt earned second in a time of 10:13.37.

Hollis Brookline’s Amanda McDonough was seventh in the shot put at 32 feet.