×

3 Bedford High graduating seniors receive scholarships

This year, the Bedford Women’s Club is pleased to present the Josephine A Fearon Scholarship to five high school seniors who are residents of Bedford

On June 9, 2016, Bedford Women’s Club Scholarship Committee Chair Laurie Sanborn presented three of the $1,400 academic scholarships at the Bedford High School Class of 2016 awards ceremony.

The Bedford Women’s Club gave scholarships to Christina LeClerc, Amanda Lee and Natasha Maters. All three high school students excelled in academics, participated in numerous community and school activities and held leadership roles.

LeClerc has worked a job while taking a challenging course load and while swimming for the Bedford Varsity Swim Team, singing for the school A capella and choir, and writing for the school newspaper. She plans to attend Savannah College of Art and Design.

Lee is a musician, has served as president of the Bedford High School Music Honor Society and has performed in several musicals, while maintaining a challenging course load in advanced placement classes. She will attend University of New Hampshire.

Maters has excelled in IB classes while assuming leadership roles as president of the Spanish Honor Society, president of UNICEF, and editor for the school newspaper. She will matriculate at Columbia University in the fall.

To contact the club, go to www.bedfordwomensclub.org or write to Bedford Women’s Club, P.O. Box 10015, Bedford, NH 03110.